Case Study Overview
In this unit we look at how migration to Australia after World War 2 helped shape the nation.
We look at who migrated, why, and their experiences of becoming part of the nation.
This unit of study is presented as a website which includes interactive elements, videos, PDF and worksheets (in Word Doc format). The unit is compatible with computers and iPads.
Case study unit of work inquiry structure
- Activity 1 How has migration helped shape Australia?
- Activity 2 Would you be a good migrant?
- Activity 3 Why do people migrate?
- Activity 4 Who has migrated to Australia since World War 2?
- Activity 5 Understanding stories of migration:
- Activity 6 Finding your own stories of migration to Australia
- Activity 7 What do museum objects tell us about migration?
- Activity 8 What does my community tell me about migration heritage?