What contribution have people made to the development of Australian society?
HISTORY YEAR 6
• Australia as a Nation
Case Study Resources
- Interactive website
- Print Resources (PDF)
- Worksheets (DOC)
- High Quality Video
Case Study Overview
In this unit we provide a model and examples of ways in which students can investigate the contribution of groups and individuals to the development of Australia since Federation.
This unit of study is presented as a website which includes interactive elements, videos, PDF and worksheets (in Word Doc format). The unit is compatible with computers and iPads.
Case study unit of work inquiry structure
- Activity 1 Who is ‘significant’ in your family?
- Activity 2 Introductory video: What contribution have significant individuals and groups made to the development of Australian society?
- Activity 3 Workers on the Snowy Mountain Scheme
- Activity 4 The Salvation Army
- Activity 5 Sir Edward ‘Weary’ Dunlop
- Activity 6 Dame Enid Lyons
- Activity 7 Investigating a significant group or individual of your own choice