Who were the Australian commandos? Year 10
$120 inc GST
A subscription to this case study includes a one-off payment only and does not expire.
Students are asked in Year 10 history to investigate one of the most significant episodes in Australia’s Second World War experience. A very different and exciting way to do this is to investigate the experiences of the Australian Commandos – their birth and secret training base at Tidal River and clandestine operations in the Pacific War such as Timbered Knoll and Operation Jaywick.
HISTORY YEAR 10
• World War II
This unit of study is presented as a website which includes interactive elements, videos, PDF and worksheets (in Word Doc format). The unit is compatible with computers and iPads.
Case Study unit of work inquiry structure
- Activity 1: Double Diamond Video Worksheet
- Activity 2: Exploring the History of Tidal River Wilsons Promontory Victoria
- Activity 3: Putting training at Tidal River into action
- Activity 4: The Battlefront – Heroes of Timor
- Activity 5: The Battlefront – Timbered Knoll, New Guinea
- Activity 6: The Battlefront – Kaiapit New Guinea
- Activity 7: Behind Enemy Lines – Operation Jaywick
- Activity 8: Names on a Memorial. What can they tell us?