Who were the Australian commandos? Year 10
$110 inc GST
A subscription to this case study includes a one-off payment only and does not expire.
Students are asked in Year 10 history to investigate one of the most significant episodes in Australia’s Second World War experience. A very different and exciting way to do this is to investigate the experiences of the Australian Commandos – their birth and secret training base at Tidal River and clandestine operations in the Pacific War such as Timbered Knoll and Operation Jaywick.
HISTORY YEAR 10
• World War II
This unit of study is presented as a website which includes interactive elements, videos, PDF and worksheets (in Word Doc format). The unit is compatible with computers and iPads.
Case Study unit of work inquiry structure
- Unit 1: Double Diamond Video Worksheet
- Unit 2: Exploring the History of Tidal River Wilsons Promontory Victoria
- Unit 3: Putting training at Tidal River into action
- Unit 4: The Battlefront – Heroes of Timor
- Unit 5: The Battlefront – Timbered Knoll, New Guinea
- Unit 6: The Battlefront – Kaiapit New Guinea
- Unit 7: Behind Enemy Lines – Operation Jaywick
- Unit 8: Names on a Memorial. What can they tell us?