How has our community changed?
HISTORY YEAR 3
• Community and Remembrance
Case Study Resources
- Interactive website
- Print Resources (PDF)
- Worksheets (DOC)
- High Quality Video
Case Study Overview
We all live in a local community. A community is a group of people who live in a particular environment. The environment can be natural, or created by humans, or a mixture of both. Some aspects of the people and environment in a community can change over time, and some can stay the same - that is called continuity. Every local community has both change and continuity. That's what you are about to learn – how to find change and continuity in your local community.
This unit of study is presented as a website which includes interactive elements, videos, PDF and worksheets (in Word Doc format). The unit is compatible with computers and iPads.
Case Study unit of work inquiry structure
- Activity 1 Stages of development
- Activity 2 How do we find out what causes changes to a place?
- Activity 3 Port Fairy Case Study — An overview
- Activity 4 Port Fairy Case Study — Using a song as evidence
- Activity 5 Port Fairy Case Study — Exploring further
- Activity 6 Port Fairy Case Study — What’s changed?
- Activity 7 Your place research task