What contribution have groups and individuals made in a community?
HISTORY YEAR 3
• Community and Remembrance
Case Study Resources
- Interactive website
- Worksheets (DOC)
- High Quality Video
Case Study Overview
A community is made up of people.These people might be from very different places and backgrounds, but they all make the community what it is today.
In this part of your course you will look at one community, and find out how individuals and groups have helped shape it over time.
This unit of study is presented as a website which includes interactive elements, videos, PDF and worksheets (in Word Doc format). The unit is compatible with computers and iPads.
Case Study unit of work inquiry structure
- Activity 1 How do people shape a community?
- Activity 2 What is a community?
- Activity 3 What were Aboriginal communities like?
- Activity 4 Where is Mildura?
- Activity 5 Interpreting a song about Mildura
- Activity 6 Can a river help make a community?
- Activity 7 Interpreting photographs
- Activity 8 Learning from stories
- Activity 9 Investigating your own community