Who migrated to the Australian colonies and what were their lives like?
HISTORY YEAR 5
• The Australian Colonies
Case Study Resources
- Interactive website
- Print Resources (PDF)
- Worksheets (DOC)
- High Quality Video
Case Study Overview
In this part of your course you are investigating how migration to the different colonies during the nineteenth century (the 1800s) helped shape Australia.
There were convicts and free migrants who came to Australia in this time. The activities in this unit will help you understand about the free migrants.
This unit of study is presented as a website which includes interactive elements, videos, PDF and worksheets (in Word Doc format). The unit is compatible with computers and iPads.
Case study unit of work inquiry structure
- Activity 1 How did migration help shape the Australian colonies?
- Activity 2 Would you be a good migrant?
- Activity 3 Why do people migrate?
- Activity 4 What was the voyage to Australia like?
- Activity 5 Listening to stories of migration
- Activity 6 Test yourself quiz