Case Study Overview
We hear the word family almost every day. We talk about our own family; we talk about a family of animals, a family of nations, a sporting family and a community of families – a global family.
I wonder if your family today is similar or different to your great grandparents’ family. Would they have lived in a similar house? Would great grandma have worked or stayed at home? How many children might there have been in your great grand parents’ family? What games did the children play and what was it like at school?
These are very hard questions to answer.
Where do we look to find the answers?
How can WE find out about the past?
This unit of study is presented as a website which includes interactive elements, videos, PDF and worksheets (in Word Doc format). The unit is compatible with computers and iPads.
Case study unit of work inquiry structure
- Activity 1 Finding a time capsule
- Activity 2 Investigating an old community
- Activity 3 A song about the past
- Activity 4 Investigating a modern community
- Activity 5 Grouping old and modern photographs
- Activity 6 The future
- Activity 7 Understanding time
- Activity 8 Time quiz
- Activity 9 Interview a grand parent
- Activity 10 My family tree